Welcome to A Bright Beginning: Early Literacy Migrant Program for 3- and 4-Year Olds
A Bright Beginning is an Early Literacy Program for 3- and 4-year old children in the Texas migrant program. A Bright Beginning is a high-quality, research-based resource aligned to the Revised Texas Prekindergarten Guidelines, centered on cross-curricular themes.
A Bright Beginning has been designed for specific age and developmental ranges and includes both content and language objectives. The home-based component includes lessons with emphasis on parent involvement. The center-based component includes lessons with extended curriculum connections in the areas of Phonemic Awareness, Read Aloud, Writing, Math, Science/Social Studies and Home Connections. This program includes 95 home-based and 95 center-based lessons in English and Spanish. Lesson concepts will also be incorporated into appropriate center connections.
Pre- and post-assessments are a part of A Bright Beginning in order to assess the children’s progress in language and literacy. Additional assessments for parents, educators and programs are provided.
Included for free in the Program:
- Formal and informal assessment tools (English and Spanish)
- Interactive iBook collection aligned to the nine theme-based units (English and Spanish)
- Educational apps with an emphasis on literacy and math skills (bilingual)
- Online professional development
- Mini-lessons in mathematics, science, social studies and social and emotional development (English and Spanish)
- Tip sheets for parents (English and Spanish) and educators
- Best-practice video vignettes for parents (English and Spanish) and educators